The South African Airways Cargo Princess Margaret Cup (Group 1) was the fourth and final leg of the Sprinters' Championship. Thanks to his majestic win in this race on Saturday, Beat The Retreat took the title for Patrick Merven's yard.
He had put himself in the championship hunt after winning the third leg - The Hinterland Cup. He won the title with 14 points, 6 ahead of Ernie, who won the second leg - The Lightning Cup.
The late-Blow Me Away completes the podium with 7 points, which came after his win in the Noble Salute Cup, while last season's champion Charles Lytton finished 5th this time round, with 4 points to his name.
1. Beat The Retreat (P.Merven) - 14 points
2. Ernie (J-M.Henry) - 8 points
3. Blow Me Away (R.Gujadhur) - 7 points
4. Prince Of Thieves (G.Rousset) - 5 points
5. Charles Lytton (G.Rousset) - 4 points
6. Executive Power (G.Rousset)/Victory Team (A.Sewdyal) - 3 points
8. Chosen Dash (R.Gujadhur)/Reim (Gujadhur)/Tandragee (Gujadhur)/One Cool Dude (R.Maingard) - 2 points
There are two championships which remain up for grabs, and they are the Miler and Stayer championships. The late Hillbrow remains in pole position in the Milers' championship, while Enaad is top of the pile in the Stayers' championship.